Glispa Group, Berlin based performance marketing company today announced their plan of expanding in the greater Latin American market and that they have acquired mobile ad marketing leader MOBILS, Sao Paulo, Brazil. Source: PRNEWSWIRE.
Glispa and MOBILS began their LATAM partnership earlier this year, where glispa provided technology, tracking and operations support to MOBILS’ mobile advertising initiatives. After several months working together, the two companies noticed many synergies between their solutions and became focused on forming a long-term partnership.
MOBILS is focused on providing a full suite of mobile advertising solutions to meet the demands of premium publishers, apps, games and ad networks. Through its AD, APP and INAPP solutions, MOBILS increases user downloads and engagement, drives organic traffic to optimize user retention and purchase, and seamlessly integrates native ads that boost click through and conversion rates. Source: GLISPA Press Release
Mobile ad market is expected to grow to nearly $133.7 billion by 2017 which is a 94.7% growth from 2015 (Source: eMarketer). With this growing trend, powerhouses such as Glispa who reach to billions of mobile and web users are acting appropriately to benefit their growth and reach. The company has had a promising year in 2015:
- The last seven fiscal years, Glispa has witnessed a consistent rise in their profits.
- Set up a new global headquarters and innovation campus in Berlin.
- 30% of the company’s employees are dedicated to product and engineering (data science/ machine learning).
- 40% of their business is of native advertising and monetization solution.
- Won the 2016 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company in Europe award.
- Closed the year 2015 with a revenue run rate of $100 million.
- Gained a good share of profit even though their competition has been with other performance-based market leaders such as Facebook.
- “Glispa audience platform that is designed to take 100 TB of raw data has contributed to significant growth in 2015.” (Gary Lin, CEO, Glispa).
This acquisition has been a strategic initiative by Glispa. One must pay a closer look at the company’s developments henceforth. However with such a move, Glispa is definitely on its move to capture their untapped markets around the world.